Southern California City Transit Bus Accidents
With so many people on the roads in our cities, we often look to our city bus systems as a safe and reliable alternative to driving to our jobs, our homes and other places around town. We reasonably expect that these buses and shuttles will take us where we need to go in a safe and timely fashion. However, negligence or recklessness on the part of a bus driver or bus operators/agents can lead to accidents. These accidents can be caused by driver negligence, poor vehicle maintenance, faulty equipment, and other reasons.
We represent those who have suffered injuries or other harm in bus accidents involving the city mass transit systems throughout Orange County, Los Angeles County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, Bakersfield County, Ventura County, and into San Diego County. These city bus transit accidents may involve any of the following:
- Burbank Local Transit/ Burbank Bus
- Culver City Bus: these bright green buses travel out from the center of the city out toward Marina Del Rey, Venice, Westchester, Westwood, West Los Angeles, Palms, Rancho Park, Mar Vista, and Century City.
- Torrance Transit: serves many of the cities the Culver City bus serves.
- Carson Circuit: Provides service throughout Carson and connects to the Metro Blue Line as well as regional bus services from Torrance Transit, the MTA, Long Beach Transit and Gardena Municipal Bus Lines.
- El Monte Transit Services: provides transportation for the Jack Crippen Senior Center's Nutrition Program, Youth Sports, special city events, the El Monte's Commuter Shuttle Program, and adult Trips and Tours
- Foothill Transit: service for the eastern San Gabriel Valley, including express buses to Los Angeles and Pasadena.
- Long Beach Transit: municipal transit operator providing fixed and flexible bus transit services in Long Beach, California.
- Glendale Bee Line: provides local routes to serve the need of those commuting within Glendale itself or those who use the bus to connect with rail service to Los Angeles or surrounding suburbs
- Golden Empire Transit (Bakersfield): every weekday, around 24,000 citizens in Bakersfield climb aboard one of GET's 81 buses.
- Antelope Valley Transit Authority: Offers transportation around the Valley and for commuters into Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley.
- Montebello Bus Lines: serves citizens of Montebello and into downtown LA.
- Norwalk Transit: has been operating fixed-route and paratransit service in Los Angeles County since 1974.
- Santa Clarita Transit: Serves passengers throughout the Santa Clarita Valley and to other neighboring cities.
- Santa Monica Big Blue Bus: Big Blue buses serve the area from Santa Monica to downtown LA, and into the Valley. A majority of Big Blue passengers travel in the metro area, and most Big Blue bus accidents occur in the more densely populated areas of LA.
- MAX (Municipal Area Express): a commuter bus service specifically designed to address the commuting needs of South Bay residents that work in the El Segundo employment center.
Additionally, casino tour buses and other tour bus operations throughout Southern California can be involved in accidents that injure or otherwise harm passengers, pedestrians, and other drivers. For instance, one of the most serious bus accidents in recent years took place when a Royal American tour bus going from Culver City to Laughlin, Nevada, turned over along the freeway, killing one person and injuring another 21.
We have experience representing the victims of city transit bus accidents.
Because city buses, community shuttles, and charter buses are all common carriers, they owe a high standard of care when it comes to safety. However, because the local governments operate these buses, the laws applying to these bus accident cases are different than those governing other vehicle accidents. For this reason, it is important to seek legal representation from those who have an intimate knowledge of these laws and how to apply them successfully to your accident case.
Furthermore, our qualified and experienced legal team includes an investigation experts specially trained to investigate bus accidents. These experts know what to look for to support your claim and help you successfully recover the damages you have suffered in a city bus accident.
To learn more about your legal rights and options, please contact our qualified Southern California bus accident attorneys today. We offer a no obligation no-cost consultation so that we can serve you.